Geotechnical engineering involves combining a thorough knowledge of ground conditions with an understanding of structures, development, or construction practices, and the likely interaction between the two. The aim of geotechnical consulting is to provide advice on optimising the interactions between the ground and the development, and to advise on utilising the ground conditions for maximum benefit.
We have the expertise and experience to provide the following services:
- Foundation Engineering – high level footings and deep foundations for bridges, infrastructure, and building support ranging from house sites to multi storey developments;
- Earthworks Engineering and Testing – earthworks testing, recommendations on treatment of poor ground, excavation conditions, embankment construction and support of excavations;
- Geotechnical Risk Assessment and Risk Management, including Landslide Risk;
- Geotechnical laboratory testing including NATA accredited earthworks, pavement, and materials testing
- Slope stabilisation – assessment, design and construction supervision;
- Road pavement engineering – assessment, design, rehabilitations, and construction of pavement profiles for roads, airports and industrial pavements;
- Land capability studies for a range of urban land uses;
- Contaminated Site Assessment, preparation of Remedial Action Plans, supervision and validation;
- Acid Sulphate Soil assessment and management;
- On-site wastewater disposal assessment and management;
Contaminated site sampling – Validation of excavation following removal of underground fuel storage tank and surrounding soils
Landslide remediation by reinforced earth wall west of Kempsey NSW.
Combination shotcrete and concrete block retaining wall landslide remediation in northern NSW.
Advice during earthworks – Placement of rock bridging and drainage blanket over poor subgrade, Kempsey NSW.
Earthworks – provision of on site geotechnical advice and testing services for earthworks operations.
Bridge investigations – Site investigation and construction advice for various bridges throughout northern NSW.