SENIOR ENGINEERING GEOLOGIST
- Bachelor of Science (Geology) University of Wollongong – 2003
- Associate Diploma of Civil Engineering – Hunter Institute of Technology – 1997
- Short Course Earthworks and Compaction – University of NSW 1994
Andrew Tait joined the Coffey Group in 1993 and gained a wide variety of field and laboratory testing experience as a geotechnician and subsequently senior geotechnician within the Newcastle and Wollongong offices. During this time Andrew gained experience on many large earthworks and concrete projects, generally incorporating a supervisory role. At the same time, Andrew completed an Associate Diploma of Civil Engineering.
In Late 2003 Andrew completed his Bachelor of Science (Geology) and moved into the Geotechnical division within Coffey as an Engineering Geologist.
Andrew has worked on a broad range of geotechnical projects including mining infrastructure, highways, roads, subdivisions, buildings, industrial developments, dams and acid sulfate soils.
Fields of Expertise
- Project Management
- Geotechnical Modelling and Interpretation
- Geotechnical Reporting
- Pavement evaluation, design and testing,
- Slope stability mapping and risk assessment
- Installation and monitoring of geotechnical instruments
- Drilling supervision/logging and classifying soil and rock types for engineering purposes
- Earthworks supervision
- Soil, aggregate and rock testing – Australian Roads and Traffic Authority Standards
- Concrete Testing – Australian Roads and Traffic Authority Standards
- Environmental sampling and validation.